PCCCT COVIDSafe Plan
The PCCCT Inc will put in place the following steps in order to comply with current Government COVID -19 guidelines. These steps will be reviewed and adjusted as guidelines change.
In order to participate club members (runners and officials) must observe the current Government guidelines and the following steps put in place by the club, including accessing the website to ensure they have appropriate information. This also applies to nominated time participants. Spectators must also observe Government guidelines for public places.
- Government COVID-19 checklists and this plan will be available at the start/finish of each race.
- Official Government COVID -19 information will be displayed at the start/finish of each race.
- It is recommended members download and activate the COVIDSafe App and carry their device at all times.
- If a member, official or spectator is feeling unwell, including but not limited to the symptoms of COVID -19, they must not attend the race.
- If a member, official or spectator is displaying symptoms of illness they will be instructed by officials to not to participate and to leave the race location.
- Membership and race entries will only be accepted via the club website, including payment via the RegisterNow platform, to avoid queuing and cash handling.
- Handicaps will be published on the website Saturday evenings. Therefore members will know their start time before they arrive.
- The race brief, including safety information and race mapping will be published on the website Saturday evenings.
- Members are instructed to arrive at the start of a race no more than 30 minutes prior to the advertised handicap of the first runner in the family/household, to allow for warm up.
- There will be a short presentation after the race and members are asked to stay 1.5 m apart.
- Members should consider appropriate social distancing if carpooling outside household groups.
- A limit of one person in the club bus at any time will be imposed to comply with social distancing.
- The start/finish chute will be widened to a minimum of 2.5 metres to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Members must observe social distancing of 1.5 metres side by side from other runners and 1.5 metres behind other runners during races. Further to this it is recommended that runners maintain 5 metres behind other runners to avoid running in slipstreams. Runners should only pass another runner during a race when it is safe to do so while maintaining social distancing. When a runner is passed they must concede the applicable distance to maintain social distancing.
- Members must not spit or excrete other bodily fluids prior to, during or after racing.
- Members are to maintain social distancing, hand hygiene and cough etiquette at all times when attending races.
- Soap, paper towel will be provided at toilet facilities at the start/finish of each race. Hand sanitiser will be provided at the start/finish of each race. A bin will be provided at the start/finish of each race.
- All equipment and frequent touch points will be cleaned at the conclusion of each race.
- No presentations will be made at races.
- Results and random draw winners will be published on the website Sunday evening. Vouchers and prizes will be available at the next race or alternate arrangements will be made.
- A log of attendees at each race will be kept in case of a COVID-19 outbreak. Runners who attended will be recorded by the entry system, officials and volunteers who attended will be recorded by the race manager on the checklist.
- If Public Health advise PCCCT that any person who attended a race has tested positive to COVID-19, PCCCT will follow the advice of Public Health.