This week presents a challenging 12 km course using predominantly back roads behind Somerset, with plenty of hills to test the legs. The meeting point for this race is the Somerset Soccer Club off Cardigan St, Somerset.
The course starts in Cardigan Street at the western end of the Soccer Club. Runners proceed west on left hand side of road to Old Cam Road. The course then turns left down Bread and Butter hill. Past the bridge a marshal will cross runners onto the right-hand side of the road before turning right onto the Murchison Highway. The course continues south along the highway (runners keeping on right hand side of the road) before turning right onto Village Lane (approx. 4.1 km into the course). Runners continue on Village Lane until it meets Seabrook Rd. The course turns right at this point, with runners staying on the right-hand side of the road. The course continues straight onto Malakoff Street, before crossing a small park. At this point runners join Cardigan Street on the left-hand side of the road and finally finishing outside Yarrandoo.
- Apart from small sections at the start and end of the course, all runners are required to keep on the right-hand side of the road
- Runners must not cross from one side of the road to the other outside of the designated crossing points
- Runners are expected to take extra care while running along Murchison Hwy; keep on right hand side road at all times using the verge where possible
- For front markers, a car will lead the way along the Murchison Highway
- Toilets will be available at the Somerset Soccer Club