This course starts at Gutteridge Gardens, Wynyard. The race starts near the soundshell and heads north-west on the path until this ends at Jenner St. The race then briefly follows Jenner St before following the track along the river. At ~1.5 km into the run the track end and runners will cross the road entry into the Cape Bridge Picnic Ground and follow Table Cape Rd on the right hand side footpath, over the bridge. Immediately after the bridge, runners will cross the road and join the northern side of the river track. The river track continues for~2.5 km until it reaches the Bass Highway. The course then takes the footbridge across the Inglis river and then drops down onto the southern side of the river track for the ~2.5 km return to Table Cape Rd. Runners then cross Table Cape Rd and return to the Start/Finish along the same route as initially taken.
- There are two crossings Table Cape Rd and there are short sections where the course follows Jenner St and the Esplanade. Runners are strongly reminded that they do not have right of way and that they are expected to take due care at all crossings.
- There are sections of exposed tree roots, stairs and variable lighting. It is suggested that runners avoid using sunglasses out on course.
- Please be aware we are sharing paths with the public and need to give other users due consideration.
- There is limited parking in the Gardens carpark, so please leave this for other patrons and people with mobility problems or small children. There is parking at the wharf and in nearby streets.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you have cold/flu systems, on Sunday morning please don’t come to the run.