1. How long have you been a member of PCCCT?
I started with PCCCT in 2017.
2. Your favourite race courses?
I do like the Feature Race, running along the highway into Burnie is amazing, also Fernglade, I am really enjoying trail running.
3. How did you get into running and what has it given you?
I use to run cross country and long distances at school many moons ago. 3.5 years ago I started a sport and it needed some running in it and I spoke to Mark St John & Scott Pinky Murphy and they gave me some tips.So next thing I was signing up for my first Burnie 5km, It certainly has changed my world, it gives you so much pride for yourself as I wouldn’t have ever thought at the age off 47 I would be running 3 to 4 days a week, plus the amazing people i have met along the way.
4. What have you enjoyed about being a member of the club?
Friendships & bringing new ideas into the club, I find you need to listen to your members and try new things as our world is changing so much and we need to keep moving forward. I have really enjoyed being on the committee the last 2.5 years and hope to keep helping when ever i can.
5. You normally run with the Devonport group. How have you stayed motivated without them?
During this COVID-19 pandemic its been very hard to stay motivated due to long hours delivering parcels and working 6.5 days a week but I just sent a few runners a message and we would meet up in Ulverstone and we would head out for 40 mins. I did a lot of strength work at home and walked after work, it’s a lot different running on your own than running with the Devonport /Ulverstone groups, but it is nice to be back to running with the groups.
6. What is your most memorable running experience?
I would say finishing Gone Nuts 50km in 2019 in the 28 degree day we had, I really didn’t think I was going to get to the finish line but determination got me there. And running my first Marathon at Great Ocean Rd in May 2019
7. Do you have any running goals for the next 12 months?
I would love to do another marathon and I would really love to head to White Haven Beach to do a half on the sand.
8. Other sports/interests?
Relaxing down the East Cost at my holiday home, fishing and making those cupcakes everyone enjoys
9. Who are some of your role models in running?
I would say Rebecca de Groot. The first Runphoria run I turned up to she made this social runner so welcome. Also Bronty, Gosso & Brian Lyons – if you ever need a question answered they will help you in any way they can.
10. What do you hope to achieve from running?
To stay healthy and improve along the way and enjoy the experience it gives you .
11. If you could run in any running event, which one would you compete in?
I would love to do The Outback Marathon in Alice Springs but I don’t enjoy running in the heat.
12. What is something about you most people don’t know?
I am not a very good sea traveller, I only have to watch a video of my eldest son, Matty, on the patrol boats in Cairns and I get sea sick, so no boat travels here.