Your Committee would like all 2019 members and Life Members who can possibly attend to do so.
Some unfortunate incidents occurred after race 25 on September 15 at Burnie Netball Centre (the Big Six), involving three Club members.
As per the Club Constitution Section 31 (link below), your Committee investigated and found all three had breached the Club Code of Conduct (link below).
Consequently, two members were expelled from the Club and the third suspended.
The Constitution allows suspended and expelled members to appeal their sanctions to a special general meeting and two of the three have appealed.
- Welcome and brief explanation of proceedings
- Details of the penalties imposed by the committee and the reason for the penalties
- Up to five minute break for the appellants to prepare to be heard by the meeting
- The member suspended may speak to the meeting, should he wish (five minutes)
- The member expelled may speak to the meeting, should he wish (five minutes)
- Vote scrutineers appointed
- Voting slips distributed and members vote to endorse each penalty or lift each penalty
- Votes counted by scrutineers
- Count result announced
- Meeting closes
NB As per the Constitution:
(8) If at the Special General Meeting a majority of the members present vote in favour of the lifting of the penalty, the penalty shall be deemed to have been lifted and the member is entitled to continue their membership of the Association.
(9) If at the Special General Meeting a majority of the members present vote in favour of the confirmation of the penalty, the penalty takes effect, and the member ceases to be a member of the Association without entitlement to refund to registration monies paid.
(10) Persons expelled from the Association will not be eligible to reapply for membership at any time, except with the consent of the Committee.